Transition Town - All St. Anthony Park
We live in transitional times. Our neighbors at Transition Town - All St. Anthony Park (or ASAP) are joining hands to shrink our carbon footprint and strengthen our community. The purpose of this grassroots group is to raise the understanding of climate change and the limits of fossil fuels, and foster a positive, community-wide transition to more sustainable ways of life... ASAP.
ASAP reminds us that climate change calls for our best efforts, right now. All Saint Anthony Park means South & North, renters & homeowners, newcomers & long-timers. It means businesses & nonprofits, students & seniors, faith groups, youth groups... everyone. They weave together many approaches, keeping these goals in mind:
• to reduce our carbon footprint, as individuals and as a neighborhood;
• to prepare for severe weather and possible economic instability; and
• to build our community's resilience – and have fun while doing it.
But how? Let us count the ways!
1. The Transition Your Money group is finding ways to invest in a regenerative economy.
2. At Transition Tap they welcome newcomers over a local beer.
3. Other projects range from housing to food to transportation and more.
4. They're guided by a core planning group that meets monthly. All are welcome!
Along with practical action, this organization seeks to inspire (see their Grove of Life video). They’ve hosted workshops on sustainable lifeways and emergency preparedness. They also support groups with related goals: hosting Earth Day clothesline giveaways and an apple cider pressing festival with Hampden Park Co-op; lending a hand to the St. Paul Tool Library; working closely with the St. Anthony Park Community Council.
Beginning in 2008, this group is now one of several under the Transition Twin Cities umbrella. They have ties with Transition US and the international Transition Network, a movement of many communities coming together to reimagine and rebuild our world. This interconnectedness seeks to make our metro area, our country, and our planet a better place.
So donate your change in October as a small way to respond to climate change – ASAP!
- - - - - - -
Thanks to Transition Town - ASAP for the photos.